Monday, November 12, 2007

Quantity, not Quality

Due to a small glitch, I was previously under the impression that I needed only to write 1000 words per day (WPD) for my NaNoWriMo novel. Somewhere along the line, however, my brain became aware that the end product was supposed to be 50,000 words. A few days later, it occurred to me that my math was wrong. Ok. No big deal, so, I started writing more WPD.

The NaNoPePo will tell you that the second week is the hardest. I neatly avoided that by hardly writing at all in this second week. Thinking to myself, that I could easily write 5000 words in one day if need be. Today I wrote 3901, and my brain nearly cracked in two. Over the weekend while I was stressing out about this, I had to remind myself that there's no shame in not finishing this thing (is there?) and that I'm doing it for FUN, not to torture myself. But I do want to finish. How're everyone else's novels coming along?

2 comments:

KHM said...

My novel is resting. In fact, its hibernating. Me thinks it will awaken in the spring hungry and ready to procreate.

Bes said...

Wow....I am very impressed. I just read what you had in your previous post and it is great! I'm sure you'll stick with it and finish it (even if it takes longer than a month). I can't even imagine writing that much, especially in one month. I look forward to reading more.