Thursday, December 27, 2012

Top 5 Books of 2012


These are what I published in Newcity... I have some other top 5s there that *I* think are amusing.

Top 5 Books (published in 2012)
NW” by Zadie Smith
A Hologram for the King” by Dave Eggers
The Age of Miracles” by Karen Thompson Walker
HHhH” by Laurent Binet
Treasure Island!!!” by Sara Levine


I read Junot Diaz's This is how you Lose Her after I wrote that.... I really it belongs on the list.  I suppose I might bump Treasure Island!!! to get it on there.

But, my Top 5 Books I Read (Not necessarily published in 2012) were:
The ColonyJillian Weise
Swamplandia, Karen Russell
A Hologram for the King, Dave Eggers
The Age of Miracles, Karen Thompson Walker
The Marriage Plot, Jeffrey Eugenides


Top 5 YAs I Read (Not necessarily published in 2012):
SpeakLaurie Halse Anderson
Why We Broke Up, Daniel Handler
Beauty QueensLibba Bray
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, Sherman Alexie
Little Brother, Cory Doctorow

No comments: