Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I heart Kate Atkinson





I started reading Kate Atkinson's new book, One Good Turn. I'm really nuts about Atkinson, ever since I randomly picked up Behind the Scenes at the Museum many years ago. Ah, I remember it well... Rizoli's in San Francisco, Post Street. It was a beautiful store which, alas, is no longer there. A few years ago she came out with Case Histories, of which, apparently, One Good Turn is a continuation. I have a terrible memory, so actually I can't verify that right now. I do remember loving Case Histories, which had frequent references to Buffy the Vampire Slayer - see? Kate Atkinson and me, we're like soul sisters. Emotionally Weird and Human Croquet are also quite good, but if you want to check out her work, I'd start out with Behind the Scenes or Case Histories first.

I'll keep you posted on One Good Turn. I'm not very far into it. Actually, I was about 50 pages in and then I decided to start over because I didn't know what the heck was going on (that's what I get for reading from 11:30-midnight).

2 comments:

Sonya Worthy said...

Hi Kelly
One of the people on my blog was reading Behind the Scenes! How is One Good Turn going now?

Special K said...

Yeah, I noticed that! I love that book - you should check it out!