Saturday, January 01, 2011

2010: Books in Review

I continue my analysis of yearly reading. In 2010, I read:
41 Fiction books
7 Non-fiction books
25 books by women
23 books by men

Favorites:
It was a great year for terrific YA Fiction, I greatly enjoyed the entire The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins and Feed by M.T. Anderson. I was also impacted and effected by a couple of non-fiction books, How To Suppress Women's Writing by Joanna Russ and Peace is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh. I re-read everything by J.D. Salinger this year - he'll always a favorite of mine.

I have a few Reading/Writing resolutions for 2011, which are to read new books in hard-cover even though I don't really like reading hardcover books (just because they're heavy and a pain in the ass, but I really want to read newer material) and to do some writing of my own.

Here's a comparison chart to previous years:


2008 in review
2009 in review

1 comment:

Marie said...

Ooh!! I love the graph idea! Would you mind if I reused that idea in the coming year? What a great way to make sure you are balancing out your reading list.

I really enjoy your blog!

Here are my top reads for 2010:
http://marie-everydaymiracle.blogspot.com/2010/12/best-books-of-2010.html