Wednesday, January 04, 2012

2011 Stats!

It's that time of year again, for tallying and list-making...  Here's what I read (generally) in 2011:

35 fiction and 8 non-fiction books, a conscience effort to read more books by women than men.  2011 was the year I read Freedom (and did NOT fall in love with it) - I also read Super Sad True Love Story and A Visit from the Goon Squad - although those were published in 2010, they were my absolute favorites of 2011.  Oh, I also quite enjoyed March by Geraldine Brooks.  And did I mention Divergent?  That was definitely my fave YA pick of the year!  Plastic and Moonwalking with Einstein were by far the most influential non-fiction books I read in 2011, both of which had a pretty profound effect on my thoughts and actions (I've been trying to use a lot less plastic and I've put Foer's palaces to work).

I published about 20 reviews in NewCity Lit, which I'm fairly proud of - looking forward to doing some more reading for that in 2012!

I'd love to hear your favorite books of the past year - please leave a note in comments!

No comments: