Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Good Kings Bad Kings

Oops - I thought I posted this a long time ago.  I had the pleasure of interviewing Susan Nussbaum about her new book, Good Kings, Bad Kings, which is probably one of my top five fave books from 2013.

The book is about some young people that live in institutionalized homes for disabled people and really opened my mind to what happens in places like that, and really turned my mind against institutionalization as well.  I love a book that makes me think that hard.  Her book is brutal, but actually very very funny.

It was so nice to meet her, one of the more pleasant interviews I've ever done.

Here's the article that Nussbaum mentions in the interview that inspired the title.  And these are the organizations in Chicago she mentioned that do great work with the disabled community:
Access Living
Equip for Equality




No comments: