Sunday, January 05, 2014

2013 In Review

In 2013 I read approximately:

39 Books,
35 Fiction and 4 non-fiction,
with 33 by women and 6 by men.

I wrote 16 reviews for Newcity Lit.

That's considerably less than 2012, when I read 54 books.  I suppose it's not about quantity.... Did you know I didn't read a single book for all of December? That's unprecedented.  I've had this terrible illness that made it quite painful to read.  I did manage to read the three pilfered Salinger stories, though.


My favorite reads were...

Bring Up the Bodies, Hilary Mantel (2012).

How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran (2011), a bit silly but so funny.  Every page was delightful.

Lavinia by Ursula LeGuin (2008).  All hail the great and powerful!

So Much Pretty by Cara Hoffman (2011) - this book actually had a huge impact on me a reader and a feminist this year...

A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki (2013).  Seriously, this woman is taking it to another level.

Claire deWitt and the Bohemian Highway by Sara Gran (2013) who is out there KILLING. IT.

Good Kings Bad Kings by Susan Nussbaum (2013) who I had the honor of interviewing.  Another book that had a HUGE impact on me.

Most Looking Forward to:

Be Safe I Love You by Cara Hoffman (April)
Secret Place by Tana French (maybe?)

I missed the boat on:
Tampa by Allisa Nutting and I never managed to read Diabetes with Owls.  Need to get my hands on those...

No comments: