Sunday, October 15, 2006

Chicago Public Library Audio Books

So, it turns out the audio download feature on the Chicago Public Library website totally sucks. After a little glitch with my card (it turns out I had an unpaid fine - oopsie!) I downloaded the required software and then checked out a couple of books - all that is easy enough, although nothing works on a mac - but it turns out most of the books you can't download to a CD or put on all MP3 players (certainly not mine). So, I ask you, what good is a downloaded book if it's just stuck on your computer? I can't even put it on my mac laptop and carry it into another room. Can't listen to it in the car. Some books you can put on a cd, but none of the ones I wanted to rent. Bummer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just trying to find information on downloading books for a trip I have coming up and all I have is a Mac and an iPod so your blog was very informative! Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be sure not to waste my time :)