Thursday, February 01, 2007

Harry's Dumbledoor

Oh, It's a big day for Harry Potter fans! First, it was announced that the 7th and final book is finally available for pre-order and will come out on July 21st (the day before my birthday!) Wee! I like to order mine from Amazon.co.uk, so I get the true, British version. Did you know the "American" version and "British" version are slightly different? Apparently because American kids are thought to be too stupid to figure out what a jumper is (and, perhaps they are, but why not give them a chance? Expose them to something new?)

And speaking of exposing something new, the second big HP news of the day is that our own little Daniel Radcliffe is starring in Equus in London, and some publicity photos have got people stirred up. (In case you're wondering, and I know you are - he's 17). I haven't read Equus since college, and I've never seen it on stage, but, of course, it does call for the lead actor to be nude, and it is very sexual, at least in imagery. Needless to say, it's not your average high school production, not least because it also requires an actual horse. Back in my day it was a monologue of choice for the more adventurous.

1 comment:

KHM said...

heh heh---you said dumbledoor!